Leading in a Disruptive World
September 2 & 3, 2020
2 pm – 4 pm
Registration fee: $100
Life today presents challenges unlike any we’ve experienced before. Local governments are operating in a messy and disruptive world – one that is forcing us to change how we think, what we do and how we do it. Let’s face it, we’ve all been thrust into a state of vulnerability whether we like it or not. To successfully navigate this “new world”, we need to be adaptive, resilient and courageous.
In this session we will:
- Learn what it means to lead from a place of vulnerability;
- Explore the nature of adaptive leadership;
- Discover the four elements of leading with emotional courage;
- Explore the nature of resiliency and what it means to be resilient;
- Enhance our understanding of courageous leadership; and
- Learn to apply all of these attributes and characteristics to our lives today.
- Pamela Miller, MMC Institute Director, Miller Management & Consulting Group
- Wandzia Rose, CIC, Rose Consulting
- Jennifer Woodworth, MMC, District Clerk, Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
You must register and pay before receiving your Zoom session invitation. All participants must have video capability and be able to fully participate from their location. Certificates of completion will be provided only to those who successfully complete the learning assessment AND have fully participated in the four hours of session time.
There is a 3% credit card processing fee which is non-refundable. Registration closes Monday, August 24, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. No late registrations will be accepted. Space is limited to 48 participants. Cancellations must be received in writing before Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. in order for refunds to be provided. Any cancellations received after that date will not receive a refund. No credits are given. Priority will be given to CA Clerks working to attain the Master Municipal Clerk or Certified Clerk of the Board designation.