Session 4: Building and Maintaining Trust: A Necessary Leadership Skill
September 28 & 29, 2020
9 am – 11 am
Registration fee: $100
Trust is the foundation of all relationships. When trust is present, great things can happen. In the absence of trust, it is virtually impossible to accomplish anything. Without a doubt, the world in which we live today feels more unstable and unpredictable than any time in recent history. The public’s trust in the federal government is at an all-time low; trust between local police departments and the public they serve is low or non-existent; and given the pandemic’s re-opening process, trust in our state and even local governments is precarious.
What about you…do people trust you as a leader? Do you inspire trust in others? Do you create psychological safety for your team? What’s the level of trust in your organization and in your team? Join us as we explore the nature of trust as the key currency of leaders today.
Through large and small group conversations, case studies, individual and small group exercises, and debriefing several key articles on trust, we will:
- Gain insight into the ways trust affects relationships and organizational culture;
- Learn what it takes to create psychological safety for our work teams;
- Discover the key trust behaviors of leaders and assess our own level of effectiveness in practicing those behaviors;
- Develop strategies for increasing our own level of trust with others;
- Explore the notion of maximizing organizational influence through developing stakeholder trust, and ways to inspire trust in others; and
- Learn how to restore trust when it’s been lost.
- Pamela Miller, MMC Institute Director, Miller Management & Consulting Group
- Wandzia Rose, CIC, Rose Consulting
- Patrice Olds, MMC, City Clerk, City of San Mateo
You must register and pay before receiving your Zoom session invitation. All participants must have video capability and be able to fully participate from their location. Certificates of completion will be provided only to those who successfully complete the learning assessment AND have fully participated in the four hours of session time.
There is a 3% credit card processing fee which is non-refundable. Registration closes Friday, September 18, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. No late registrations will be accepted. Space is limited to 48 participants. Cancellations must be received in writing before Monday, September 21, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. in order for refunds to be provided. Any cancellations received after that date will not receive a refund. No credits are given. Priority will be given to CA Clerks working to attain the Master Municipal Clerk or Certified Clerk of the Board designation.